Hether Samuels

"I was born in Jamaica an island surrounded by water but I am a poor swimmer. If it weren't for dancing I wouldn't move around at all - I am sooo NOT athletic. In fact I avoided gym class by taking jazz (dance) classes in high school."
So sayeth half of the founding force behind the BluesBlaze.
Well, Hether's sure moving - and shaking - now! Along with co-creating the BluesBlaze with Joy Arrico (see following post), Hether is the founder of JookJoint Shimmy Blues. The latter being a blues lovers 'organization' that, amongst other endeavors, holds bi-weekly blues dances in NYC. How's that for some Blues cred?
And even though she's a member of The Bar, these days that also means she can be found dancing in the bar - any bar! Fortunately for us - or maybe most of all for any prospective opponents - Hether is momentarily more preoccupied with practicing sidesteps than sidebars; lyricism than litigation.
But her musical choices reflect a good attorney's thoroughness and attention to detail - along with a great attorney's creativity and sensitivity to a client's needs and wants.

So, I'd say that swimming's loss (as well as that of the shark-infested waters of the law) is dancing's gain.

Come listen to her play and you, too, will 'get off' on a technicality! ;)

1 comment:

  1. OH, NO!! Joy is the director of BABBLE not me. I am a JookJointer. JookJoint Shimmy Blues. Ok, remember Joy is the BABBLER. Hether the JOOKJOINTER. Ha, ha.

    Hether

    ReplyDelete

Do you have any fabulous comments to add about our Blues Blaze 2009 star? Do share!